Under the Spanish-German EUROdish project, two new dish/Stirling prototypes were designed and erected to:
- Reduce the price of components by using standard industrial elements.
- Develop a new dish manufacturing system discarding the stretched-membrane technology and applying a molded composite-material system.
- Improve the SOLO V161 ‘Stirling’ motor, especially the components in the receiver cavity.
- Develop a new optimized system assembly procedure that uses new specially developed tools.
- Remote control and monitoring over the WWW.
- Improve the Stirling SOLO V161 motor, especially those components used in the receiver cavity.
- Test pre-commercial units as reference systems.