SOLAR TREATMENT OF WATER UNIT
Dr.ª Alba Ruiz-Aguirre
Telephone: +34950387800 Ext.998
Water Solar Treatment Unit
Plataforma Solar de Almería
Carretera de Senés, km 4
Tabernas, E-04200 Almería
Dr. Alba Ruiz-Aguirre (female) scientific career is focused on membrane technologies applied to water treatment, mainly membrane distillation (MD) and diffusion dialysis (DD) and the application of solar energy to the MD process. She has worked with several solar MD pilot plants and been involved in the evaluation of several commercial MD technologies as well as in the evaluation of DD modules at laboratory and pilot scales for the treatment of wastewater from the galvanizing industry. Recently, she has started in photocatalytic production of hydrogen.
Dr. Alba Ruiz-Aguirre has a degree in Chemical Engineering and obtained her PhD (Extraordinary PhD Prize of University of Almería) in 2017. From November 2017 to November 2019, she worked as postdoctoral researcher at the University of Palermo (Sicily, Italy). During 2020, she enjoyed of a Juan de la Cierva postdoctoral contract awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities. Currently, she is in receipt of contract from the Regional (Andalusian) Research Plan. She has been involved in 6 national and international R+D projects, has 18 papers in SCI journals and 50 contributions to different International Conferences. Scopus h-index: 14.
SCI PUBLICATIONS SINCE 2016 UP TO DATE:
- E. Moudjeber, A. Ruiz-Aguirre, D. Ugarte-Judge, H. Mahmoudi, G. Zaragoza. Solar desalination by air-gap membrane distillation: a case study from Algeria. Desalination and Water Treatment, 57, 22718-22725, 2016. JCR 2016: IF=1.631 (66/135 Chem. Eng.).
- Ruiz-Aguirre, J.A. Andrés-Mañas, J.M. Fernández-Sevilla, G. Zaragoza. Comparative characterization of three commercial spiral-wound membrane distillation modules. Desalination and Water Treatment, 61, 152-159, 2017. JCR 2017: IF=1.383 (80/137 Chem. Eng.).
- Ruiz-Aguirre, M.I. Polo-López, P. Fernández-Ibáñez, G. Zaragoza, Integration of Membrane Distillation with solar photo-Fenton for purification of water contaminated with Bacillus sp. and Clostridium sp. spores. Science of the Total Environment, 595, 110-118, 2017. JCR 2017: IF=4.61 (27/241 Environ. Sci.).
- Ruiz-Aguirre, J.A. Andrés-Mañas, J.M. Fernández-Sevilla, G. Zaragoza. Modeling and optimization of a commercial permeate gap spiral wound membrane distillation module for seawater desalination. Desalination, 419, 160-168, 2017. JCR 2017: IF=6.603 (2/90 Chem. Eng).
- Ruiz-Aguirre, J.A. Andrés-Mañas, J.M. Fernández-Sevilla, G. Zaragoza. Experimental characterization and optimization of multi-channel spiral wound air gap membrane distillation modules for seawater desalination. Separation and Purification Technology, 205, 212-222, 2018. JCR 2018: IF=5.107 (14/138 Chem. Eng).
- D. Gil, A. Ruiz-Aguirre, L. Roca, G. Zaragoza, M. Berenguel. Prediction models to analyse the performance of a commercial-scale membrane distillation unit for desalting brines from RO plants. Desalination, 445, 15-28, 2018. JCR 2018. IF=6.035 (10/138 Chem. Eng).
- D. Gil, L. Roca, A. Ruiz-Aguirre, G. Zaragoza, M. Berenguel. Optimal Operation of a Solar Membrane Distillation pilot plant via Nonlinear Model Predictive Control. Computer & Chemical Engineering, 109, 151-165, 2018. JCR 2018: IF=3.113 (35/137 Comput.chem.eng).
- A. Andrés-Mañas, A. Ruiz-Aguirre, F.G. Acién, G. Zaragoza. Assessment of a pilot system for seawater desalination based on vacuum multi-effect membrane distillation with enhanced heat recovery. Desalination, 443, 110-121, 2018. JCR 2018: IF=6.035 (10/138 Chem. Eng).
- Zaragoza, J.A. Andrés-Mañas, A. Ruiz-Aguirre. Commercial scale membrane distillation for solar desalination. Npj Clean Water-Nature, 1, 1-20, 2018. No IF.
- Ruiz-Aguirre, J.A. Andrés-Mañas, G.Zaragoza. Evaluation of Permeate Quality in Pilot Scale Membrane Distillation Systems. Membranes, 9(6), 69-82, 2019. Scopus 2018: IF= 3.28 (6/23 Chem. Eng).