SOLAR TREATMENT OF WATER UNIT
Dr.ª Ana Ruiz-Delgado
Telephone: +34950387800 Ext.992
Water Solar Treatment Unit
Plataforma Solar de Almería
Carretera de Senés, km 4
Tabernas, E-04200 Almería
Dr. Ana Ruiz-Delgado (female) scientific career is focused on industrial and urban wastewater treatment through advanced oxidation processes (based or not on solar energy) and its combination with physical-chemical pre-treatment systems and advanced biological treatments for its reuse, in membranes technologies (membrane distillation, MD) applied to treated wastewater for the recovery of nutrients in addition to water disinfection by different advanced oxidation technologies.
Dr. Ana Ruiz-Delgado (ORCID: 0000-0003-4812-2711), has a degree in Chemical Engineering and obtained her Advanced Chemistry PhD in 2019 thanks to obtaining a pre-doctoral contract at the University of Almería of the Ministry of Economy, Innovation, Science and Employment, Secretary General of Universities, Research and Technology of the Junta de Andalucía within the framework of the project: "Characterization and treatment of industrial wastewater of different origin (leachate from landfills and effluents from the cork industry) (RNM 1739)". She currently enjoys a one-year postdoctoral contract associated with said project at CIESOL. She has been involved in 3 nationals, 1 regional and 2 internationals projects. She has made 2 stays at the Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto (Portugal). She has participated in 18 posters and 15 oral presentations in several national and international congresses and scientific project meetings. She has 9 papers in SCI journals in the field of wastewater treatment and pollutant removal. Scopus h-index: 6.
SCI PUBLICATIONS SINCE 2016 UP TO DATE:
- Ana Ruiz-Delgado, Gerardo Martínez-Domínguez, Roberto Romero-González, Rosalía López-Ruiz, Antonia Garrido Frenich. Determination of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in soy isoflavone nutraceutical products by gas chromatography coupled to triple quadrupole tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Separation Science 39 (3), 529-536, 2016. JCR 2016: IF=2.557 (30/76 Analytical Chemistry).
- Ana Ruiz-Delgado, Francisco Javier Arrebola-Liébanas, Roberto Romero-González, Rosalía López-Ruiz, Antonia Garrido Frenich. Headspace solid-phase microextraction coupled to gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for the determination of haloanisoles in sparkling (cava and cider) and non-sparkling (wine) alcoholic beverages. Food Additives & Contaminants: Part A 33 (10), 1535-1544, 2016. JCR 2016: IF=2.047 (41/130 Food Science & Technology).
- Juan Matos, Sara Miralles-Cuevas, Ana Ruíz-Delgado, Isabel Oller, Sixto Malato. Development of TiO2-C photocatalysts for solar treatment of polluted water. Carbon 122, 361-373, 2017. JCR 2017: IF=7.082 (32/285 Materials Science).
- Miralles-Cuevas, I. Oller, A. Ruíz-Delgado, A. Cabrera-Reina, L. Cornejo-Ponce, S. Malato. EDDS as complexing agent for enhancing solar advanced oxidation processes in natural water: Effect of iron species and different oxidants. Journal of Hazardous Materials 372, 129-136, 2019. JCR 2019: IF=9.038 (8/265 Environmental Sciences).
- Ruíz-Delgado, M. A. Roccamante, I.Oller, A.Agüera, S.Malato. Natural chelating agents from olive mill wastewater to enable photo-Fenton-like reactions at natural pH. Catalysis Today 328, 281 – 285, 2019. JCR 2019: IF=5.825 (15/143 Chem. Eng.).
- Ruíz-Delgado, P. Plaza-Bolaños, I. Oller, S. Malato, A. Agüera. Advanced evaluation of landfill leachate treatments by low and high-resolution mass spectrometry focusing on microcontaminant removal. Journal of Hazardous Materials 384, 121372, 2020. JCR 2020: IF=9.038 (8/265 Environmental Sciences).
- Roccamante, I. Salmerón, A. Ruíz-Delgado, I. Oller, S. Malato. New approaches to solar Advanced Oxidation Processes for elimination of priority substances based on electrooxidation and ozonation at pilot plant scale. Catalysis Today 355, 844 – 850, 2020. JCR 2020: IF=5.825 (15/143 Chem. Eng.).
- Ruíz-Delgado, M. A. Roccamante, S.Malato, A.Agüera, I.Oller. Olive mill wastewater reuse to enable solar photo-Fenton-like processes for the elimination of priority substances in municipal wastewater treatment plant effluents. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 27, 38148 – 38154, 2020. JCR 2020: IF=3.056 (99/265 Environmental Sciences.).
- Luna-Sanguino, A. Ruíz-Delgado, A. Tolosana-Moranchel, L. Pascual, S. Malato, A. Bahamonde, M. Faraldos. Solar photocatalytic degradation of pesticides over TiO2-rGO nanocomposites at pilot plant scale. Science of The Total Environment 737, 140286, 2020. JCR 2020: IF=6.551 (22/265 Environmental Sciences).